Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Offensive Content

Days without an offensive blogging injury: 3
Blogging is all new to me. I have doing the facebook/twitter thing for a year or so, but to do a full blog post that lives on is brand new.


And it got me thinking - what are the odds that, eventually, I will write something that will offend someone or sound stupid? I figure probably close to 100%.

Are you remarkable?

Today I was listening to more of the Duct Tape Marketing podcast with Seth Godin. And he was talking about being remarkable. No one talks about people or businesses who are average.

According to Godin, most businesses work very hard at being average and boring. Deep down, they try to be unremarkable because being different may mean someone makes fun of them or somehow doesn't like it. At least that's what it meant when we were kids. The different kid was made fun of. So, to build a remarkable business requires someone to go against that natural inclination, to be willing to stand out. And risk ridicule.

Well, I want to make a remarkable impact on my clients and their families. So, offensiveness, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment