Thursday, May 21, 2009

speaking June 2, 2009 - Central Illinois Planned Giving Council

Yesterday I got a phone call from an attorney in Chicago who had been told by a friend of hers out west (New Mexico I think?) about me speaking on June 2 about legacy building and planned giving. Boy, word gets around fast. She was asking if they could record my presentation.

Here is more info. I am looking forward to it. Event is the regular lunch meeting of the Central Illinois Planned Giving Council, meeting in Bloomington, Illinois. My topic is "What in the world does an estate planning attorney’s experience with legacy tools have to do with your planned giving efforts?" Here are some of the things I plan to cover:

The power of story telling (our native language)

Legacy planning (planning for non-financial wealth) is a growing nationwide trend among legal and financial professionals.

Examples of an estate planning attorney’s use of legacy tools.

Overcoming distrust between planned giving professionals and financial/legal professionals.

What is a Priceless Conversation and how is it being used in planned giving?

One true story: a planned giving officer’s use of legacy planning tools.

Ideas for group presentations (my life in a brown paper bag, my house, pictures from home, personal items of family and emotional value)

Practical resources and tools for including legacy issues in your planned giving efforts. (organizations, books, retreats, training)

Next steps for you to take now to explore legacy planning and its potential for dramatic impact of your work.

-David Otis Edwards, Edwards Group LLC, Springfield, Illinois

No comments:

Post a Comment